Lower body workout





Equipment: 24 kg kettlebell

Workout

Round 1
  • 30 x double handed swings
  • 10 x sumo deadlifts 
  • 10 x right hand suitcase deadlifts
  • 10 x lift hand suitcase deadlifts

Round 2
  • 20 x double handed swings
  • 10 x sumo deadlifts
  • 10 x right hand suitcase deadlifts
  • 10 x lift hand suitcase deadlifts
Repeat until you have hit your target time, swings or reps.


In my workout, I completed 12 rounds or 300 swings, 120 sumo deadlifts and 240 suitcase deadlifts) 

This workout will require good form as you will be working your hip hinge. So keep your abs tight during the lifting stages of the swing and sumo deadlifts and maintain a plank when erect. 

For the suitcase deadlifts, push through your feet first than extend your hips. I push my abs outwards during the initial stages of the lift as I find this helps to stabilize my spine. 

For the sumo deadlift, I adopt a wide stance and push the bell slightly behind the body, so that I can feel that my hamstrings are activated. I will only just touch the ground with the kettlebell before starting the next repetition.

Focus on keeping your lower back straight throughout each exercise.

Do not exercise to fatigue in order to maintain good form.

Why 30 and then 20 swings?

One problem when you workout for an extended period and you count repetitions (rather than time), is that you tend to lose count of the number of reps and sets.

30 swings is easy to count - 20 is even easier. Then 30+20 = 50 which makes counting to 100 simpler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lifting above the shoulders

Workout: Swings, snatches and double long cycles

(Tabata) timers and note taking apps to enhance resistance training